Monday, March 12, 2012

Facebook Page timeline changes: hints, ideas and a review

 Facebook pages
will switch to the new time line format on the 31st March.
Are you prepared for the change?








There are some real positives ( and negatives) about the new format.






This is my profile photo (many people have a snap of themselves)
But now you get to add a cover photo.


What is this?


Well, it is more visual 
space


All of this....



 this 



 this



and even this 



can be put together as a montage to communicate to your 'audience'.




That is pretty handy, you can montage a  theme,
 your products, other staff etc!
but
YOU  have to do it (no templates provided by FB)






It is quite easy to create a cover photo using photoshop
 (or similar programs) but keep in mind that the image
needs to be at least 399 pixels wide.


I added a little black square to my cover photo to help frame my profile name.





The other major change is the way posts can be highlighted.
This is useful but very basic and limiting. 
I am disappointed that the only choice you really have it to highlight or send to the top.




I guess I need to remember that Facebook is not a blog
 with the templates and the design features which I have come to expect.


 Facebook is what it is...
and it must be doing something right, as it is still a  business "must do"!








Linking up with:
http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2012/03/vintage-rooster-newbie-party-started.html

Boogieboard CottageI Heart Nap Time

1 comment:

  1. I updated my bog and FB with the "cover photo". I didn't have any instructions, but opted to create a montage as you did.

    Change is hard for all of us...

    Thank you again for stopping by my place!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you.
Thank you for your taking the time.