Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vintage Gift Tags

I don't think that word has really got out yet that Reverse Garbage  is reopen for business at its new location in Burke St Woollongabba. If you have never been it is well worth a trip- especially if you are an educator, artist or anyone really. I snapped up some old Laminex timber veneer samples for 20c each - bargain! 


Also in Brisbane this weekend Rotary are having a book sale down at the Urban Village. There are an interesting variety of books at very cheap prices and I found a groovy 1972  children's book "Nature's Busy Year" for $1. 


My little wins gave me some inspiration for a gift tag for my lovely friend Lin whose birthday we are celebrating tonight! I wrote her name on the tag using some old Letraset rub on letters...remember this old product?







2 comments:

  1. This is great. The picture on the card even looks like Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I just scored a retro book and wanted to do something with the pictures. What a great idea for a gift =)
    Thanks for linking up so we can all see it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you.
Thank you for your taking the time.