Saturday, September 17, 2011

Birthday Bunting-creating family traditions


Six months ago I began some bunting..birthday bunting.
The whole idea was to bring these handmade decorations out for every family birthday
- to begin a new family tradition.

I had them 95% finished and then I stopped.

Why?


Why? 
Simply, I got distracted by life.

Unfortunately, most of the family birthdays passed by this year... minus the bunting.



I finally finished this week and only took 15 minutes- why didn't I do this 6 months ago?

In any case it was just in time for my Mum's birthday.
Cutting a cake out on the deck with a warm spring afternoon breeze and happy bunting, just made it all the more special.


I tried to select fabrics for both the boys and the girls and recycled fabrics where possible.
 I found that iron-on interfacing held the letters in place nicely when I was sewing them on.



Do you have a family tradition?


7 comments:

  1. I love the way it turned out. I also have a tendency to nearly finish projects and let them sit for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely stunning! it's gorgeous...
    xo malia

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the uber savvy bunting!!!
    thanks for commenting on Tiny in Toronto!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea! That makes everyone's birthday all the more special by creating this tradition. Just beautiful! I'm so glad you finished it in time for you Mum's birthday!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. I bet it took some time and patience, but it makes such a cute statement. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your fabric choices. glad to see you finished the project. sometimes life gets in the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fabulous - makes me want to break out the sewing machine!

    I am having a scrapbook giveaway on my blog at the moment - drop by and visit!

    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you.
Thank you for your taking the time.