Monday, May 2, 2011

Artz Workshops for creative souls, artists & art teachers (Part 1)

Lets face it Fridays are usually pretty good days. But Last Friday I knew I was in for a great one from the start because I was booked in for a practical workshop with Chris Stuart at Fine Arts Studio.


This workshop focused on mixed media processes like altered books and gave some innovative ideas to apply to my personal work but also to bring to my classes. Chris has a warmth and sense of fun which is contagious and her knowledge of new materials, advancements in media and processes is staggering. 
Tissue paper, muslin, paper doily and paper layered with wax 
We worked with wax, layering and also transfer methods. Transferring images onto tape is an easy process and has many possibilities when layered over text or other images as you can see by my quick examples below.

Obviously this is just a taste of our busy day and this is just one of the many courses Chris offers. Well worth checking out if you are in Brisbane!

Oh and the food ...........yummmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you.
Thank you for your taking the time.