Monday, March 28, 2011

Bunting & Prayer Flags -a source of happiness

We have always had some Nepalese prayer flags, blowing our thoughts and wishes around our house and into the greater world. 


image by Secretlondon
Traditionally these flags are used to bless the surrounding countryside and to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom. The Tibetans believe the prayers and mantras will be blown by the wind to spread the good will and compassion into all pervading space. 
Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all.




I like to think of bunting, originating at the turn of the 17th century, as a bit of a western answer to the Prayer Flag (albeit superficial in comparison).  I know it is a bit of a stretch but the festive nature of bunting whether made from plastic, fabric, paper or cardboard is intrinsically joyful. 


I have been busy  creating some visual cues to be peaceful, lighthearted and positive.




I hope they bring benefit to the people who visit our abode... and my little blog.

Interior bunting for my kids with french fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you.
Thank you for your taking the time.